Mint PERP to Sunset V1 Users

Hi and thanks for reposting! I switched you to a higher forum role so you can post links etc., more easily (sorry I didn’t do that earlier). E.g. I think you can also link to the Unlocking PERP tokens for growth post (link)

Sorry for the additional questions:

1. You mention both 3.3% and 3% monthly cap
  2. 4 month lock up applies to each batch of tokens minted every month? E.g. the first batch is minted Sept 1, locks for 4 months, then begins vesting over 12 months? So a user will get the Sept batch in Jan, and the Oct batch in Feb, etc.?
  3. How do recipients get tokens, claim or airdrop? Will this be on Ethereum or Optimism?
  4. Am I correct to assume the calculation, minting and issue of tokens is to be done by the core team?
  5. This is just a suggestion but the token issuance seems complex (monthly issuance locked 4 months then vested over 12 months, so each month you add a new set of payments for each recipient.) It’s hard to figure out what you’ll receive as a user, and a lot more work for whoever has to calculate the payments. Maybe there’s a way to simplify it? E.g. split the amount (in USD) to be paid to each user in 12 or maybe 18 monthly payments and pay that amount in PERP according to the TWAP you proposed (E.g. a user will get x USD paid monthly in PERP). This way v1 users know exactly what they will get and when. Locking for 4 months IMO does not make a real difference. In fact recipients will probably not want to sell right away anyway since they will likely get frontrun (ie. I guess there will be a dump every month before the issuance if they are selling predictably).
  6. For Proposals 2 and 3 it might be good to specify “Support minting PERP tokens for v1 users but not this proposal”