[WIP] PERP Token Distribution on Balancer LBP

Please try to launch this on

bounce.finance

This is made by the ankr founders. Completely decentralized solution, will be a very good plan for distribution.

Hi guys,

I was forwarded this thread and from what I read, I’m building what you need!

Its called dutchswap.com and it is a place to launch Dutch Auctions. Dutch auctions are awesome, fair and solve price discovery for you guys.

I work in the open and havent publicly launched yet, however open to a custom built auction for you guys as a win win

Please check it out and reach me on Telegram @deepyr

There’s multiple ways to handle it, after you whitelist. One example could be how skale handled it on the consensys platform.

TL;DR

Our goal remains helping the SKALE Network achieve a successful public network launch with a wide and efficient token distribution

Shortly before the scheduled auction on Monday, August 17, we observed overwhelming traffic and bot activity that would have led to a launch that failed to meet our standards of success

The interest in the auction was more than 10x the auction’s capacity

Our platform would have provided inconsistent user experiences and likely allowed only a small fraction of our registered users to successfully purchase SKALE tokens

Our system was able to detect the problems early and we decided to proactively postpone the auction and are now revising our process

Our new process will not include an auction and will provide all qualified users an equal and guaranteed allotment of SKALE tokens at a fixed price 

The maximum sale proceeds will remain unchanged — our goal is to distribute the token to a broader user base not accomplish a larger sale 

We will announce our launch date and detailed plans by Wednesday, 8/26/2020

and i think that is what a project like perpetual which depends on a lot of users should also think about right, you want to get the token to as many people as possible.

The SKALE launches their token sale on a centralized platform. I don’t think we have time to prepare a launch on centralized platform.
Also by using the Balancer LBP, we should be able to keep bots and short-term whales out because of the changing weights. We are still evaluating the whitelist way, but setting a fixed price is a very hard question to us.

1 Like

Yes! I absolutely agree that suddenly setting up a centralized platform in a short time frame might me difficult, I was just showing what one solution for this might look like. I have not really seen balancer lbp in action and seeing your confidence in the mechanism i’m keen to see what that would look like.

Having said that, I absolutely believe that you should atleast pursue 2 options for sales to begin with. I’m saying that because none of the platforms/sales i’ve seen in the past few months on a single platform have faired well, and even crashing in some cases.

Looking forward to how you do this :slight_smile:, All the best. Hope i get in the sales xD

1 Like

Honestly you didn’t get feedback right regarding Mesa sale. DIA and MTA were absolutely fine and pretty fair for buyers, no front running or bots, just fair price. The problem with proxi defi wasn’t in auction itself, but due scam from proxi defi team - they messed up with a price and were selling token 100000$ for 1 credit for some time and some people bought for this price. Later on they instead of putting order for 0.25$ as they promised started selling with small parts for 2$+ to those who wanted to get in sale very much. In fact it was a fraud from team side, not an issue with Mesa. And only due to there fraudulent
activity you got bad reviews. You aren’t protected from fraudelent team on any platform as they can just put there sell orders 10 time higher than they promised, as it was in proxi defi.
Anyway, I’m sort of fine with balancer LBP if there is no front running and bot attacks, even though MESA should be better as it’s already tested. As all starts with classical balancer/uniswap are unbearable.

Really thank you for the feedback. We talked to the Mesa team and they helped us understand the root cause of these issues already. The only thing I think that’s not yet solved is bots rushing in at the last minute with the lowest price.
But to be honest this is a community decision not a technical decision, the community is more settled with using Balancer so we want to go ahead and give it a try.

1 Like

I like the Balancer solution very much. I have tried whitelisted/KYC solutions and Mesa, and all solutions have some drawbacks. The simplest solutions I have seen are from UMA and BZRX, which just listed their tokens on Uniswap. There was a lot of noise in the beginning, but it all worked out very well, and the token found its price fairly quickly. BZRX went from $0.40 to a low of $0.12 in the first days, and then stabilized around $0.30. The Balancer approach seems like an improvement over just listing on Uniswap, because you can control the distribution curve. I think this is a good solution.

PS: I want to thank the team for having this discussion with the community.

1 Like

Have you a good example of how to use this LBP thing ? I dont want to get lost with this sale…

Hey yenwen,

just today read about this TDE how HEGIC
is planning to do a Initial Bonding Curve Offering.

Might be something to look into. [The offering and distribution, not the token and project :wink: ]

Hi Jorno,

I’m sorry for the late reply. I actually went ahead to Hegic and found it interesting.
Asking several questions on TG and forgot to come back here.

I think this model is quite interesting. If we can do a token launch again, this should be an interesting choice if someone can make a service for this. (don’t want to spend time on implementing the smart contracts)

The advantage I see in this model is that everyone feels it’s fair because of the fixed price model. Although I think that’s because everyone acquires the tokens at the highest price, fairness makes everyone happy. Tbh I think this benefits the project in the end (more money and less compliant) and we should do this.

The disadvantage is this model probably has more regulatory risks, but the difference is probably minor. The other disadvantage is bad price discovery, but maybe it’s also ok if everyone is getting the same price.

3 Likes