For those that haven’t seen we have recently voted and unlocked 21M PERP in order to accelerate growth and hit the target of 300M average daily trading volume (Proposal: Unlocking Perp Tokens for Growth - #23)
In order to maintain transparency as well as accountability we created a bounty for a member of the community to track the spend and report on it back to the community (Treasury Reporting (Ongoing) · Issue #5 · perpetual-protocol/perp-bounties · GitHub).
Now that we have the tokens unlocked and the reporting in place the next question we need to tackle is operationally how we should release the tokens!
I’m proposing that we have the following structure:
- Treasury DAO which holds majority of the funds is a multi-sig
- The multisig then signs and sends into various other EOA (externally owned account) wallets in batches which then allows individuals to spend accordingly
For the multisig I’m thinking we hold some form of election to vote everyone on. Would be great to source maybe a list of 10-20 that we can vote on here.
There’s a couple of items that are still a bit fuzzy that probably needs a bit more thought from the community, namely:
- How do we vote people out of the multi-sig (if we need to?)
- How many people do we want in the multisig (n of m, what should n and m be?)
- Do we need a vote everytime to replenish the EOA wallets or not? Requiring a vote might slow things down but may be easier for multisig holders to reference a snapshot and vote accordingly